“FABLABs – new technologies in adult education” project is a Strategic Partnership that involves 6 organisations from Finland, France, Iceland, Poland and Portugal acting as fablabs and makerspaces.
The objective of the project is to share good practices on teaching methodologies used in fablab work and targeted at adult learners.
The project is coordinated by Workshops of Culture in Lublin.
The duration of the project is 24 months: 01-11-2019 - 31-10-2021
The project aims at:
- exchanging experiences and good practices between the participating organisations
- exchanging education methods and practices
- professional development of people working in fablabs as educators and managers
- comparative research on teaching new technologies in non-formal education in various European countries
- strengthening cooperation and networking between fablabs in Europe.
The final result of the project will be the project guidelines on educational activities and methods used in fablab work.
The main project activities will be 6 transnational project meetings, gathering fablab managers and educators, local workshops for adult learners in each country and a collaborative work of partners on the final result (the guidelines).
With this project we aim at spreading knowledge about fablab idea and approach and having an impact on other fablabs and educational institutions in our respective countries. We would like fablabs to be recognized as a new type of modern learning environments that support adult learners in gaining basic skills and key competences, using science and technology.
The impact of the project will also refer to recognition of fablab movement as a network of powerful learning communities, that are able to collaborate on local, national and global levels.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.